Saturday, February 21, 2009

This is my dance space.

I know there's almost always a long line at any given register at Walmart, even the express lanes.

I know that at night, it's even worse because there are only three lanes open and even at 10:30 pm there is still a good number of shoppers.

I know the lines move slowly.

I know it's annoying to wait five minutes in line just to buy a pack of socks, a loaf of bread and some batteries.

You know what else is annoying? WHEN YOU STAND SO CLOSE BEHIND ME THAT I CAN HEAR YOU BLINK, YOUR SHIFT OF WEIGHT FROM ONE FOOT TO THE OTHER, YOUR SPIT SQUISHING AS YOU CHEW YOUR GUM AND YOUR NOSE HAIRS FLAPPING IN THE WIND OF YOUR EVERY EXASPERATED SIGH.

It's really annoying.

I assure you that standing IN my buttcrack WILL NOT make the lines move faster so please. PLEASE. Give me some personal space, k?

No comments: