Thursday, February 19, 2009

I understand the hint but I still don't feel like shaving yet.

At the sweet and curious age of twenty months, Liam is getting more and more observant by the day.

Today I was getting teary about something during dinner. Liam dropped his pizza and came at me with open arms and a look of genuine concern on his face. If he was ten to fifteen years older he would have said, "Come here, Mom. It's ok."

He imitates my yoga positions. His favorites are the downward dog and some cat-like stretch that I don't know the name of.

He asks, "Happy? Happy?" every time he sees me on my laptop. It's his personal request for the Furry Happy Monsters video on YouTube. Tonight he started singing the Feist song- "Bah bah bah bah," he says over and over. If we hum or whistle it, he starts with his "Bah bah bah bah," tune and will sometimes add a little sway. When he wants to listen to David Bowie he chants, "Wah wah wah..." (You know: "Golden years. Go-ooo-old, wah wah wah.") MY KID IS AWESOME.

Just a few minutes ago, Gabe taught him to run his hand along my stubbly leg and say "Ouch!" because, you know, it's HILARIOUS for your toddler to tell you to shave already.

Thanks for that one, Gabe. It's only been three days, anyway.

No comments: