Monday, January 19, 2009

Sunday Snowstorm

Yesterday we got quite a bit of snow, keeping us indoors for all but five minutes. We would have played in the snow longer but the wind was a little rough for a toddler. (And us as well; I won't lie.)

So today Gabe had the day off and we were up and about earlier than usual to catch up on our errands and fill our fridge and cabinets. We were still delayed, though, by having to rescue my car from the clutches of the previous day's snow.

Photobucket

Photobucket

It's a good thing I got those tall boots because the snow nearly came to their tops. I'm also glad the snow was really light and dry. I shoveled one side of the car and Gabe and Liam cleared the other.

Photobucket

You can't see it in the photo but Liam's tool of choice for pushing snow around was the stem of a leaf he found in the driveway where it had been plowed.

Something else of note: Liam's newest word is clock, although we're still unsure why. We have no wall clocks in the apartment- we tell time by our phones, the microwave or the cable box. While doing our shopping today he pointed at a wall clock and said its name. He was pretty proud of himself.

I guess watching more TV than necessary because of the weather isn't all bad; it's the only place I can think of him learning about clocks.

1 comment:

Kari-Anne said...

Wow that's alot of snow !