So here are ten random facts about me.
1. Being pregnant, giving birth and breastfeeding shot most of my modesty out the window. I am willing to talk about body parts, bodily functions and other icky things to most people who won’t get grossed out.
2. I can name all of the people I have kissed in my life in chronological order, with the exception of the first one. It was a traumatic event (which I can laugh about now, kind of), not magical AT ALL, and it’s the reason I didn’t have my second kiss, or my first “real” boyfriend, until four years after my first kiss. Gabe is kisser #11.
3. From birth until now, I have lived in nine towns in Massachusetts, Maine and Texas, and fourteen houses or apartments. I HATE MOVING.
4. I was in color guard for six years from 7th to 12th grade and I was the captain of our squad for all four years of high school. I coached my high school’s winterguard squad and the parade season for two years after I graduated. I still regret not being able to accept the fall coaching position I was offered twice, and I still wish I could perform or coach.
5. I knew I wanted to be with Gabe before I even talked to him. I thought he would be completely uninterested in me and if he hadn’t started talking to me it may have never happened. We met online, on the old Thursday message boards, in late 2002.
6. It sounds funny if a band has never done this for you, but Thursday changed my life- with their music, the way it made me think and feel, and because I met my husband because of them. I have a Thursday tattoo. I got it before I met Gabe. My two best friends, Laurel and AJ, got Thursday tattoos with me. I also don't listen to Thursday anymore and I am ok with that. Their older music was enough for me.
7. My mum is French and the first person in her family to have been born in the United States. French was her first language but I don’t speak it, except for a few snippets here and there that I picked up. I have a really hard time with the proper pronunciation, even though I grew up among a handful of people who were born in France and have really heavy accents. I can easily tell the difference between European French and Canadian French. My mouth is very American, unfortunately. Not only so I desire to speak French, I wish I had the accent when I speak English. Sometimes when I am alone I pretend to be speaking French but it’s really just jibberish with a bad French accent.
8. Ever since the beginning of my pregnancy with Liam, I cannot watch movies or health shows when someone gives birth without crying my eyes out.
9. I am currently writing a novel. I have been thinking about it and writing it for over a year. I haven’t gotten past the third chapter and I am re-writing the first one (AGAIN) and it’s driving me crazy. I don’t know where to go. I don’t want to stop trying.
10. If I could afford it I would get braces and have my nose straightened. I am really self-conscious about my teeth and nose. Luckily I like my lips, so at least when my mouth is closed it looks ok. If acne scars could be completely removed I would do that too.