Saturday, July 12, 2008

Dog! Dog! ..........DOG!

Have you gone HERE yet?

I am sitting in my studio with a postcard sketch in front of me and I really like it. Now I need to turn it into a collage and well... it's going to be hard and I'm stalling. I think it's getting done tomorrow.

We went to the Maine Wildlife Park this afternoon- it was the first time I have been there since the field trip in third grade, when it was still called the Gray Animal Farm. Turns out, I still love it. My only disappointment was not seeing any moose. We did see the deer close-up though, and even though I grew up in Maine seeing deer in fields and crossing back roads on a fairly regular basis, they don't cease to captivate me. Plus, these ones were used to being in the sanctuary and didn't run away when we approached the fence. They were SOCLOSE and SOBEAUTIFUL.

Liam's favorite word to say is dog, and he was pointing at most of the animals and calling them dogs. The kid's hilarious. There was a really sweet moment when I ran ahead of him and Gabe to take a picture of them walking (I am assuming that someday I'll get used to the fact that Liam walks) and I came back to the stroller as he and Gabe continued on... except Liam knew I was falling behind and he stopped walking to wait for me, his soft little face tipped up to the sun, eagerly anticipating me catching up.

I took a bunch of pictures and I'll post them sometime this week. My batteries died before we left, but I think I got some good ones anyway.

In the kitchen a while after we got home, when we were all hungry and fussy:
GABE: Dude, you need to chill out. You need to smoke some weed.
NORA: You need to smoke some not annoying.

*For the record, we're not smokers but we joke around about it when "chilling out" is a sarcastic part of our conversations.

What was your Saturday like?

3 comments:

Frogs and Snails and Puppy Dog Tails said...

What a fun day! I think that is why I love the zoo so much, cause I love watching the boys love it, KWIM? When you have kids you get to see the world through their eyes again and realize how amazing things really are.

Bridget said...

awww fun, reminds me of our fawn-doe-rosa :)What a sweet little guy you have. Our Sat. was spent outside!!! Taking pics (check my photo site if ya wanna) and a fancy parade (check my regular blog) I always joke to Caleb when he comes home from work in a good mood if he smoked some weed at work. LOL!

Melissa said...

LOL, omg, I am totally making that one of my regular liners. And the funny thing is that DJ won't even get why it is so funny!

Sounds like a great Saturday. Ours was spent cleaning the house :(