After I copied this half from my word document, the numbers on my list readjusted when I pasted it into this Blogger window. I am not up to fixing it because I am about to go to bed. 27 + 23 = 50.
Thanks for reading! Here's part two:
1. I have a really loud, embarrassing laugh.
2. The physical traits of my feet were inherited from my grandmothers: bunions from my mom’s mom, longer than necessary length from my dad’s mom. Thanks, girls.
3. My three siblings have brown eyes but mine are green.
4. Ever since I had mono when I was seventeen, I have not felt fully healthy again. Going on ten years…
5. It annoys me to watch singers like Mariah Carey and Christina Aguilera sing when they wave and wiggle their hands and fingers.
6. Mariah Carey annoys me, period. But I loved her when I was in third grade, back when she only wore blue jeans over a black leotard.
7. When I was little, one of my “When I grow up…” dreams was to be a school bus driver. Also: singer (I practiced to MC and Janet Jackson), actress, synchronized swimmer, teacher, figure skater and architect.
8. Now, my “If I’d stayed in college…” dreams are teacher (art or English), editor, journalist, photographer, marine biologist, environmental scientist and graphic designer.
9. I still entertain secret fantasies of acting and singing, even though I don’t look like an actress or singer. (These days I don’t think talent are entirely pertinent to these fields. Agree/disagree?)
10. When I was ten my older brother Scott and I would practice for our Olympic dreams by skating on the frozen lake we lived next to. We never executed a successful lift because my sides are too ticklish.
11. For this reason we also never executed a successful lift in that same lake in the summer, like Baby and Johnny practicing the lift in the water in Dirty Dancing.
12. When the four of us were little one of our favorite games was something we made up called “The Cook Show.” We had a huge cardboard box that was our TV set, and Karsten and Scott would sit behind it pretending to be hosts of a cooking show. Isaac was a monster who’d attack the set. I was the TV viewer.
13. Sometimes I want for Liam to be an only child but then I think about things like The Cook Show (and others like Trip, School, Sinking Ship, Shark Attack, etc) and wonder if having just one child is enough for him.
14. I still haven’t unpacked everything. What is wrong with me?
15. I can’t listen to the word anaconda without automatically thinking, “My anaconda don’t want none unless you got buns, hon. You can do side bends or sit-ups but please don’t lose that butt.”
16. My favorite foods that contain the least actual food content are zebra cakes, Cheetos, popsicles and Swedish fish.
17. I have TMJ and was told in high school by my orthodontist that my decision to chew gum is equivalent to someone running with a sprained ankle. Until I stopped working I chewed gum daily. I can’t help it.
18. I don’t know why that orthodontist didn’t recommend I get braces but I wish he had.
19. Having TMJ confused my facial muscles and my mouth no longer sits symmetrically on my face. The muscles pull up on the left side of my lips.
20. My nose isn’t symmetrical either but that was just luck, and it goes in the opposite direction from my mouth.
21. I am back to my pre-baby weight but not my pre-baby shape. I have some work to do this summer.
22. I think Bam Margera is a total douchebag.
23. I am really defensive of Stephen King when people suggest he is mentally unstable because of what he writes. It’s homestate hero pride, I guess. And I envy his writing skills and his ability to face his own fears while he is writing. (And yes, working in a used book store for three and a half years, I have heard that about Stephen King several times.)
BONUS! Because this is my fifty-first post, number 51...
***Pauline, read no further!!!***
I saw and heard a ghost in my hospital room after I had Liam but I wasn't scared. I didn't tell Gabe until months later because I have this habit of freaking him out with my Real True Personal Encounters and he was there but unaware when it happened.